- browse food blogs for cold-weather recipes
- yoga (this is the most aspirational part of the list, really)
- use my SAD lamp regularly
- surf style websites and blogs to vicariously enjoy living in cities where street style is actually possible
- read or listen to multiple books concurrently, according to mood
- read reviews of CanLit books, or of great books generally, so I can make lists like this one for the future
- watch Downton Abbey
- plan my spring wardrobe
- go for runs every Sunday (and promise myself religiously I will find at least another day in the week for a run)
- make lunch dates with friends
- knit (I'm almost done the sweater I started in September)
|Knitting as procrastination|
All the while, I also alternate at despairing of and completely ignoring the pile of marking that seems to spawn newly every hour. Whenever that happens, I just go and pick the easiest element on the list and have at it until guilt overcomes me. At that point, I decide to be responsible, and pick another line from the list for variation. I am a master procrastinator.
And you? What are your (extreme) cold-weather recipes for survival? Please share your food-/style-/cartoon-/[insert favourite procrastination method here] blogs or sources, so we can all refresh our bookmarks.